K-2 Viper Bulbs?

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
I'm now the proud possessor of a K-2 Viper for the 10 I won on eBay. I plugged it into it's box, plugged the box into the wall and the bulb sizzled, snapped but never fired up. Would a LFS have bulbs for the Viper?

ok I just did a Gen search for my area and it was all by order; that I could find at a glance but I'd give your local shop a call just to be sure.

also here http://www.jbjnanocube.com/contents/en-us/p10863.html

as well i called my local haunt and they have them in stock

if you cant find them by you and online is to steep I don't mind helping you out there not that steep. Besides what are friends for if not to help out :D

Last edited:
They may, give them a call. What you're looking for is an HQI bulb. It's also referred as a DE (double ended) bulb. Just ask them that and the wattage you're looking for.

Here's the item description.
This auction is for a JBJ K-2 Viper Metal Halide HQI Metal Halide Clamp-On Lamp. This includes the lamp, a bulb and the ballast. This is the 70 watt version. This is great for nano tanks or other small tanks. This item has been tested and the bulb lights up. However the glass on the unit has been broken. You will need a new piece of glass for this unit. You can get this direct from JBJ for around $20 or you could have a glass shop cut you a piece and it could be much cheaper. The bulb still works however it is pretty old and will soon need to be replaced for the best results.

The light sizzles and pops but won't fire. It's the 70 watt. I don't have the ballast with me of course

Last edited:
well I found on here on freecycles says it works I'll getting today and if it works i could always ship it to you if yours is having issues fire'n up even with a new bulb.

well I found on here on freecycles says it works I'll getting today and if it works i could always ship it to you if yours is having issues fire'n up even with a new bulb.
I haven't gotten a new bulb yet. Lol!! Won't be able to do anything until after Xmas. No time!!!

No prob the freecycels one was gone before i got out of work. The bastard said he was going to hold it till 5pm. Damn lyre grrrr. Well I hope your light works:D

Back