Just an Idea

BigH55

I'm that guy
So im looking at ways to incorporate flow into my frag tank. What about using a MJ 1200 or similar and attaching vinyl tubing to it with holes drilled every inch or so. It would be a spraybar design all the way around the tank. I would attach it to the top ridge of the tank. What do you guys think. would enough flow come out?:question:

I doubt a maxi-jet 1200 would produce enough flow for that.But something like a Rio 2100 probably would.

i've never seen a spraybar work that well.... why not use powerheads or wavemakers like in your display? an mp20 or one of the mp10's that are on pre-order would be awesome.... a couple maxi-jets on a cheap wavemaker wouldn't be bad, would just need replaced every 10-12 months.

just to add to the idea.......u could make it out of 1/2 pvc and attach a few sprinkler head spray nozzles that would spray the water in different directions. You could even place them at different levels in the tank to provide water flow in different areas....... not sure if it would work. I may give this a try with my return line...

Back