introducing myself and tanks

poppinfresh

Reefing newb
Hello Living Reef peeps,
My real name is Jon, and I'm a addicted to reefing. :D

Seriously though, I'm an almost three year learner to this hobby. I heard about this forum from Bifferwine while doing an episode of Talkingreef Live. So far I am very impressed with the diversity here at LR.com.

I'm hoping I might be able to help a few people not make some of the mistakes I've made and learn from others from the mistakes they've made.

Just realized I didn't introduce my tanks. Right now

72g bow front with 100g rubbermaid sump and 20g refugium. T5 lighting, Tunze circulation and H & S skimmer.

180 filled with water and LR awaiting plumbing to the basement.

14g Oceanic Biocube.

Welcome to LR,
Just so you know we love pics if you are able to get them up. There is a great bunch of people here, and they are very helpfull. Have fun with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to get some pics up of the 180 build.

Knowing that the 72 is on its way out I haven't scraped the glass in a LONG time. I pretty much just have a small viewing window into the tank that have managed to keep coralline free. You really would not want to see it in its current state....its sad.

I'm sure your tank is poppin(bad joke,i know)

GROANNNNNNNNN...

Hi Poppin! I'm glad to see you made it over. We're pretty friendly and casual on this forum. Which is nice for a change. I hope you enjoy your time here! And like others have said, we love pictures...

welcome. looks like there will be another 180 in the showcase besides mine.... not sure if there is room for 2 in there :) just kiddin!

Heres a couple pics to get 'yall by for a while. Those of you who also visit TR have already seen these.

180 after adding the sand a couple weeks ago. Stand still needs its face.
sandonly.JPG

Basment sump after I construction 2 years ago.

basement.JPG

100lbs of Tatoka rock...been curing for about 8 months
tub.JPG

Heres my H & S skimmer on my current set up...I love this thing! This is 24 hours worth of skimming.
skimmer.JPG

Lastly..the 180 with the Tatoka plopped in
rocks.JPG

uppss they are allready here...great start...wow..thats some mother sump you have there for that biocube

HAHAHA. The tank above the sump is my refugium (20 long glass tank). That picture is an old one, from when I used an eclipse 3 hood to light the 'fuge. I ditched that about a year ago for a Lights of America fixture. I also hard wired some outlets...so no more extension cords. :shock:

Back