I'm stuck

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Some time soon I will be purchasing a new tank that is drilled for a sump. I now have a 55 gallon and was throwing around the idea of upgrading to a 75. 75 seems to be a little big for me but the extra width would be nice, but at the same time it would cost ALOT more :twocents: I am in the beggining stages of the hobby, and was wondering what some of you more experienced persons opinions are on 55 gallon tank vs. the 75 gallon. Those of you who have had a 55 gallon for a while, are you happy with it.

All opinions are appreciated.

I have a 55 -- I wish I had a 75. There's just not enough width to it, all my rocks end up an inch from the glass. I'd go with the 75 if you can afford it, remember you'll have to get lights for it too and those get more expensive the bigger you get. So, no, not really happy with the 55, but it will be a really long time before I can upgrade, so I have to make do with what I've got.

i luv my 55 i would not trade it for any thing i got a 500 gal that is nice to but my first luve is my 55 will send pic if you want

going bigger is always better more room for error and more room for livestock. A tank is never ever going to be complete full ye complete no you will always find something you just have to have for your tank my oppinion upgrade. Hope this helps.

Another quick guestion. Is it bad to have rock touching the back glass of the tank? With a 55, this seems to be the only way to get live rock to look decent in the tank.

not if its just a piece or two it is if the whole back glass is blocked. It will not give you propper water flow youll have food and debris hanging out back there which will lower your water quality quick.

I have a lot of rock touching the back of my tank (and it's still an inch from the front glass). I think I have enough circulation that stuff doesn't get stuck back there though.

I've had 30s, 35s, 55s, 75s and a 125. They have all been fresh except the 30 and I like the 55 better than 75. Just my opinion, though, I hear alot of people like 75 for the room width wise. I guess its just all in your opinion. Out of all my tanks I have liked the 30 best, just me though.

I didnt like extra wait and it didnt take as much floor, so go i go and buy 125 too big for me though I have always liked the thiner ones better just me though. Sure the 75 gives you more front to back room but IMO too much i just like to have enough room for what I keep. If you want bigger fish then gor for a bigger tank, however i keep smaller fish so I go for the smaller tanks. The only reason i got the 125 was for oscars to have alot of room. Now that I dont have them ;m getting rid of it and sticking with smaller ones. Just my opinion though. In the end its all up to you and what you want to keep.

Back