I'm looking for a date....

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
For my clownfish. He usually spends his time near the top of my tall tank. The past couple of days he's been hanging around my bubble coral which is on the floor. My clown (Gus) is looking lovingly at the bubble coral and I'm worried he may try to host in it. Is there something, NOT AN ANEMONE, that I can get to make Gus happy and keep my bubble coral from being violated?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Catherine

Whatever you choose,it will be a hit or miss.I've basically seen clowns host just about every soft or LPS corals.Some corals can handle it and some won't,IME the bubble can't so try moving it elsewhere.

Some of the corals that can handle being hosted.
Toadstools and other leathers,open brains,xenias,mushrooms.There could be others but I'm having a brain fart.Remember,anything you add will be a hit or miss.

a frogspawn would be nice, but there is no guarantee that he will be hosted by anything, if he wants the bubble coral he will go for the bubble coral

Hairy mushrooms are your best choice. They are irresistible to clowns, cheap, and clowns won't kill them (there's a really good chance they'd end up killing any LPS corals they host in that have been suggested). My clowns killed probably about 10 different corals by the time I bought a rock of hairy mushrooms. They haven't left the mushrooms since.

Back