I whupped my tank! :)

Are they the size of a penny or nickel(T5), two attached tubes the size of penny(power compact) size of a 50 cent piece(t12 flourescent or vho)

Here's a shot of them; dunno if you can tell much from it...i couldnt' turn the blue one; I know it's actinic. The bottom one is just a marine glow white.

DSC00726.JPG
DSC00727.JPG

wontonflip... I am battling the same problem with nitrates. I use the API test also and have the nitrates in the orange. I have a 35 gal tank and a 20 gal sump w/fuge.
I run a skimmer and powerheads also and can'y keep my nitrates down. I am now doing a 10 gallon water change every other week to see if I can keep them down. GOOD LUCK !!!

Yeah, I'm not doing the corals at this point; strictly fish. I'm going to be working my way up to a 125g and will slowly build up my equipment stock for it over the next year, including a mh.

Is the ballast the socket? Sorry...i'm not up on the lighting yet :)

a ballast is a transformer I think. But Oscar has it right that basically its a metal box between the plug and bulbs.

Those are just the el cheapo light strips that come with a lot tanks.Just regular ole normal outputs.
About all their goof for,is a fish only tank.They wont support any kind of corals.

Back