HOB Filter question

youtoo54

Reefing newb
I still have my Emperor filter with the duel bio wheels and the 2 different sets of filters (one is a filter the other I put active cabon in) How often should I change the filters? Ive notice the water being returned back to the tank is barely coming out and am thinking the dirty filter is probably to blame. I don't want to screw something up and set off a cycle of any kind so I have left it alone.

Mine has a little chamber to the right of where the water flows out. When the filter should be changed water comes out this hole. It varies but usually once a week. Make sure your changing it at least weekly because if u leave it you can really jack your params

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm really new to the hobby. I have the same filter, are you using this filter in a salt water tank? Will it get the job done in a salt water setup or should I start looking into other filters? Thanks in advance, Tim

Long term you want to go with a skimmer or algae scrubber. Or fuge/sump.... HOB filters really don't cut it. I've used one for a year and some change and ready to get rid of it....that's jus my opinion

Back