hiding powerhead?

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
I just got my maxijet 600 and its smaller than i thought it would be, but is still looks HUGE in my 10gal... i wanted to hide it somehow and i was thinking about putting it on the bottom of the tank behind the LR. My question is that if i put it close to the bottom is it strong enough to pull sand off the bottom and have it get messed up??

Otherwise how else could i hide it?

Oh and maybe you guys could tell me what fish i saw cause it looked cool as hell, the LFS had it and it looked really close to a clown fish but it was more.. snake-ish? i guess is the best way i can describe it... but it was all bright red and had while stripes/spots and it was really small like 1 inch long and like i said it looked like a mini morray eel kinda but it was definitely a fish. Any ideas?

Thanks

If you get the power head to close to the sand,it can and will suck up some sand.Sand+powerheads=powerheads that dont work no more.

The fish was probably some type of goby.

it was in neither of those, as far as colors go, it was JUST like a clown (really bright red and white) and it swam around like you would see a snake swim... ill see if its there tomorrow when i go back in town and get a pic.

Anyone have any other methods of hiding a powerhead? Could i put it upside down? like with the suction part pointing up? Any other ideas?

as far as hiding your powerhead, don't put it low in your tank. You want the jet facing up towards the top of the water to assist in oxygenation of the tank as well as keeping the crap and film from gathering at the top of the water. You can sort of build your rock around the powerhead so it is less visible, but once you have coral in your tank and fish, the powerheads almost seem to disappear. If your tank is naked, it will really be noticeable.

-Doc

Back