Hi All!!

ReefyCane

SuperNewbie
I know I haven't stopped by in awhile, but I wanted to let you know about what kind of setup I am going to be getting:

I am ditchin the 12 gallon Nanocube and my wonderfully benevolent father-in-law is going to give me a 30 gallon Oceanic Premier Cube with stand. We are going to get it drilled and set it up with a refugium underneath. The total capacity of the system will be close to 50 gallons!

I really appreciate all the help and advice you have given me so far. It will be another couple of weeks until I get everything set up, but I will be in and out! I can't wait to get started.

I do have one question....I am looking into a Prizm skimmer rated for 100 gallon systems. Do any of you have any suggestions for a better skimmer?

Thanks!

ReefyCane

I like the octopus, but for the money a coralife may be your best bet. The octopus will run you crazy money and the coralife will not be as much

-Doc

really? I must have been unlucky in my research. I found a coralife $100 less than the same rated octopus. must have been a bad quote.

-Doc

Probably. There is no doubt they are great skimmers. Hell, public aquariums use them. They have been considerably more expensive than others. I will be getting one for my 600 I am saving for.

-Doc

OK, so the price difference between a Remora and an Octopus is crazy. The Remora is like $229 on eBay and the Octopii usually run like $119. Can someone tell me exactly which models I should be comparing?

Thanks!

Back