Help!!!

Kully3xf

Reefer Madness
My sump isnt fitting thru the back... i have the tank half drained so i could move it, the sump is ready to be installed...

Can i cut the back of the stand with a sawzall or something to get it in there?
fao5jt.jpg

Can you turn the sump on its side and then try putting it in? But i wouldnt try and remove the brace, especially if you still have the tank with water on the stand.

Tried on its side but its no good. I'm thinking i could remove water down to 15 g. and take out two small chunks from the brace. like this
118m0qq.jpg

if i remove an inch on both sides itll slide in with no problem

It looks like the section i want to cut isnt even supporting weight, the support beam is bigger than the one it is holding...
2hd5do8.jpg

no the sump and tank are exact same width. The stand has room on the inside for the sump as the stand is about 2" larger around than the sump

+ i am alone and can't lift it with out some sort of grab hold...

Should have thought this out more ugh

You should be fine, I cut a big hole in the side of my old 75g stand to fit a 20g sump in it.

the brace that i have to cut is somewhat load bearing, you think i'd be ok taking an inch out of each side? on the non load bearing part? not that i don't trust, it just makes me really nervous...

200d0t4.jpg

That is my other option...

well id go with the the other option and get an end table or small cabinet and put it inside and think positive you can now put chaeto and a clip on light too! it looks space restricting under the stand

i would drain the tank as low as possible, if you have live rock remove some and place it in the bucket with the water to prevent some stuff dying (i.e. coraline) then cut whatever margin you need to make it fit.. make sure to cut the gaps square, after the sump is installed, go buy some wood and metal braces (from your hardware store). cut the wood square to the exact length of the gap you removed, slide the wood in there and try to keep it as snug as possible and fasten the braces that way your stand is still sound and sturdy and your sump is in there. hope that helps

I would buy or make a bigger stand. I have a 75 with a 30g underneath and I still wouldn't mind more room. I wish my stand was a little taller. I don't know how you are but I always find something to fix or tinker with.

I'm moving from my apartment now into a town-home with my lady in a few months, so i'm deciding to just keep the sump on the out and out for now and just cover it with a stupid table or something hideous. I'm going to be doing some bigger tanks when i move in there because i'll have a ground floor, my plan is to turn the 29 into a frag tank and i can just do a 10 gallon sump for that, and i'll use the 20 gallon i just made for one of those drip filter jaunts. Thanks for everyone's help! it was very stressful to see my living room with rocks and water everywhere and a tank that doesn't fit :(

I guess i should have measured more!

sounds like a good plan. I was watching this one close since I was in the same situation. I am currently re-working a dresser so it can fit all the equipment below.

thanks and keep us updated.

Back