Help

Joshua_tb

Reefing newb
Can somebody help me my girlfriend put [FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][SIZE=-1]Methylene Blue into my 180 gal reef tank about an hour ago will this hurt my tank??????? she didnt put alot in about 3 tablespoons.. she thought it was a different supplement.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Methylene blue is not considered reef safe at the levels that you would use it to treat disease, which is typically ~1 tsp per gallon. Since your girlfriend didn't add that much, I don't think it'll do much damage. Your best bet is to run carbon to remove it (as it will be absorbed into anything porous), and do some water changes. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

if you can mate take the delicate corals out maybe to the lfs and ask them to safe them for you. just in case and yes use loads activated carbon make sure you change it often otherwise it will leech back in to the aquarium hope this helps whats ur livestock???

Last edited:
lol i would it the roof :death: is to good why was she putting in the 1st place did you have white spot???

hows the tank doing now since this happened.?? is your corals opening up.fingers crossed every thing should recover

Back