Help

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
Ammonia Level
Nitrate Level

how do I reduce this, I just did a 10% change and they have gone done, but I also have some white stuff growing on my rocks which I take to be algae blooms. How do I keep my levels down.

I think it may have to do with too much food I put in.

If you put in to much food and have ammonia,then you've bascially started another cycle.
What is the ammonia level?

You can use a product called Prime to help neautrilize it.Theres also another product that that I cant remember the name of.
other than that,about all you can do is water changes.

not to be mean but underw i seem to have noticed that you keep posting threads about prety much the same thing .just have one, and post in that one

it's a 12 gallon that was a bio-wheel

i just changed abou 10% again and rinsed out the filter (not the bio-wheel)

yea i definetely put in too much food a couple of days ago

Get you some Prime and give it a double dose.You got a cycle going,so your pretty much at it mercy right now.

If you have Qtank set up,move your livestock over to it.When you do a water change,vac out all the extra food you see.You might want to hit it a 50% water change while your at it.Then be prepared to do another 50%.

Yeah watch your fish carefully while your tank cycles. Cut back on feeding in the meantime. And like Hibye said, please only post your question once. Thanks!

Expect some die off of the inverts. They are more sensitive to water parameters than fish are. At least you won't be out a whole bunch of $$$ though. You shouldn't have to be feeding your cleaner crew so much that it starts a new cycle. They are pretty good at scavenging and will do okay as long as you have a little algae in the tank.

Yeah but that's based on the review of one person. Who says he has to do a 70% water change every other day because he has so many fish in one tank. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in a review from that person.

ok so you don't have fish your water still has to cycle you can't rush this.
the things you have in your tank hopefulley won't die but you must cycle all the way if you rush this you will have to spend more money to make sure your tank is ready for fish!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so you don't have fish your water still has to cycle you can't rush this.
the things you have in your tank hopefulley won't die but you must cycle all the way if you rush this you will have to spend more money to make sure your tank is ready for fish!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you missed the part where we would out I started a new cycle from over feeding.

Back