help with food...

You can get Nori sheets from the LFS or even from the grocery store in the Asian food section. If you do get them from the grocery store, make sure you get the plain ones, not the seasoned/salted/flavored ones.

/flame suit on

I know there are people here that feed veggies and fruits to thier tank (I believe BL1 is one of them) - but in several places, Bob Fenner sugguests this is not a good idea, as terrestrial veggies dont have the same nutrients that marine veggies do. I think you'd be okay for a while on other veggies, but if they need seaweed (such as tangs) you really should be feeding that to them

/flame suit off

i get ulva and grac online live and they will grow pods as well as provide veggies for your veggie friends,only cost 3 bucks on reefcleaners.com

I agree with Northstar. The various vitamins, proteins, oils and carbohydrate structures can be different between marine species and land species. Marine fish are adapted to eat marine plants, and function best off of those plants. Supplement with land based plants if you wish, but its no substitute for the marine plants.

Nutz - You might only be feeding them romaine lettuce, but im sure they are grazing on the naturally growing algae in your tank all day to make up for that.

Back