Helmet coral

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
I picked up a helmet coral (basically a multi-eyed plate coral) over the weekend (retail therapy following fishy deaths) and it was happy and inflated for the first few days, but hasn't been inflated yesterday or today. I placed it on the sand in the exact same place where I had my other plate, and moved the plate over a few inches. The helmet coral is about 3 inches from my the edge of my meat coral when its inflated and 4-5 inches from the tentacles of my torch coral. The only think I can think of is that the torch might be stinging it at night? Does anyone else have any ideas?

Here's a pic of it shrunken down:

Here it is inflated:

This is the torch that is placed on a ledge to the right of and behind the helmet:

The hammer coral could be stinging it, I would try it in a new location and see if that helps. The other thing I can think of is that something, like a shrimp, might be bothering it

Yay! I've noticed that my plate corals can be oddly picky that way also. Someting about moving half an inch seems to make or break them. Odd little critters

Back