Happy fourth for me

daugherty

part time reefer
well i went to clean my tank ans when i lifted the hood off there it was a 7 in crack in the top of my tank it is acrilic it starts at the corner of the opening in the middle and runs out almost to the front corner. i guess it is time to start looking for a new tank before this on is all over the floor.

yea but i have to get the money somehow for now i used some pvc glue hopeing that it will help hold it and i may get a peice of acrilic and glue over the top of the crack

Wow James that really sucks. If you are willing to meet me in Michigan sometime the week of the 28th ill give you my spare 90 gallon. PM me if you are interested.

JUST A NOTE TO OTHERS PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO GIVE YOU MY TANK. Thanks

i wish i could take you up on that offer but i can not afford to make that trip. i am going to try and sell my speakers and amp so that i can buy a new tank. i will prob get a 120

scary to find a crack like that in your tank! are you losing any water? I hope you can figure out a way to keep it til you can get another tank. Good luck and keep us posted

-Doc

Wow James that really sucks. If you are willing to meet me in Michigan sometime the week of the 28th ill give you my spare 90 gallon. PM me if you are interested.

JUST A NOTE TO OTHERS PLEASE ASK ME TO GIVE YOU MY TANK. Thanks

Ryan can I have your tank?

LOL. That sucks big time about your crack. If you are worried (I would be), in the meantime you could buy a big rubbermade tub and move your stuff over. They don't cost much (or maybe your LFS would be able to lend you some of theirs? Mine does).

I hope you find a good deal on a new tank. Nothing like an emergency to drain the wallet, eh?

its not leaking any water yet i am afraid of the crack running down the front so far the pcv glue is holding. i just dont want to come home to a flooded house water is bad enough on hardwood but salt water will destroy the floor.

Dang James,that sucks.Hope it holds till you can get another tank.

Ryan,Bring that 90 on down this way.We'll start deer season a little early after we get my stuff moved over.

The 90 is going to either be a frag tank or an anglerfish/eel tank. But Ill still come down and bow hunt yote.

Well Good news my father in law just ordered me a reef ready 75. it will be here on thursday then i will make the switch on friday.:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

yes he was going to but a 120 but it would take three weeks to get. he also remodeled my house when i bought it he is a great man.

i am so stoked about it. one question that i have for you all is i have about 70 pounds of dry live rock in my garage am am woundering if i should do a water change on my tank now and get that rock in some water or just wait and put it in the new tank dry.

Back