Hand feeding marine fish

Reem

Reefing newb
Hi

Has anyone tried or succeeded in 'training' marine fish to feed from a milk bottle?
If you have, I would be grateful if you could share your experience, eg. species, size, food, methodology etc.

Thanks!

Idk why you'd want to do this but my scooter dragnet and my coral banded shrimp both recognize my coralife feeder (basically a long skinny turkey baster). They come right up to it and feed directly from it. Usually I feed a mixture of mysis shrimp and bloodworms.

Come on! I'm sure they sell little miniature fish sized bottles :D OOOO We have a few lactating mothers on the forum!! Maybe they'd like to share some milk? :mrgreen: Mix it w/ mysis, and you'll be good to go!

Come on! I'm sure they sell little miniature fish sized bottles :D OOOO We have a few lactating mothers on the forum!! Maybe they'd like to share some milk? :mrgreen: Mix it w/ mysis, and you'll be good to go!

............. Well, at least we have found a new job for Wonton... You can go round collecting and mixing... Hahahaha

You can hand feed this guy.
0728121834.jpg

No fish bottle needed.

Or is it more feed your hand to this guy?

So far, that guy has eat one 5" grouper, a huge blue throat trigger,orange shoulder tang, niger trigger,french angel, and no telling how many damsels.
Thing is, We took that Eel in because the guy the had him was just gonna freeze him. Then we had to find him a tank and figured he'd be fine some of the larger predators. Well, the Eel WAS fine. It was the other fish that became food.

So far, that guy has eat one 5" grouper, a huge blue throat trigger,orange shoulder tang, niger trigger,french angel, and no telling how many damsels.
Thing is, We took that Eel in because the guy the had him was just gonna freeze him. Then we had to find him a tank and figured he'd be fine some of the larger predators. Well, the Eel WAS fine. It was the other fish that became food.

Ahhh, he just has a big appetite! :mrgreen:

How big is he? :question:

but its good to hear the eel is fine

Back