Grrrrrr, Lights!

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Ok, I got some new lights a few months ago. I knew I was going to get a 55 gallon so when my LFS guy said he would give me a good deal on these Coralife lights that were the right size. I was kind of thinking that my horses don't need so much light and I can only keep softies and they don't need so much light so I got them. So I was looking at the new Dr's Foster and Smith catalog and they are listed under the Freshwater section. I've got a 48" fixture with 4-65watt bulbs (2 actenic and 2 10,000k). Right now the lights are on my 20 gallon and my 10 gallon which are pushed together. On my 26 gallon I've got Nova Extreme's. My very favorite coral, a big hairy 'shroom named JoJoMoJo, is really thriving under my Nova Extreme's and I'm planning on moving her to my big tank when it's ready. Am I going to be able to grow plants that need 40 watts per gallon and my soft corals under this Coralife light? Can I add stronger lights or in some other way supplement this Coralife light so I don't spend a bunch of money yet still give my corals and plants a good environment? I need to buy new lights, don't I :grumble: :pooh:

thanks, Catherine

Back