Grass?

Shane1

Reefing newb
Hey all,,,,back with some more question. I have this grass type stuff growing on the back wall of the aquarium. I was looking around and see a lot of pics where this is not present in other aquariums. Is it something I should worry about?
Also whats the proceedure for removing live rock from the aquarium. I have a few small pieces that I would like to take out but I'm not sure what to do with them once they are out. Can I just store them out of water? Once they are dried out are the still usable?
Thanks for all your help!
Heres a pic of the grass stuff.
DSCF1440.jpg

That looks like green hair algae, try pulling it out. And if you take the rocks out and let them dry out, they can be reused later.

Looks like GHA to me. But also looks like you have cyano, the purple stringy stuff next to it. I'm thinking you probably have some underlying water quality issues. What are you doing for nutrient export? Also increased flow can help take care of cyano.

As for taking the rocks out, if you have a sump you can always just toss them in there. If not you can definitely take them out, however when you want to put them back in, you'll have to use a separate tank, or rubbermaid container, and "cook" the rocks before you can use them again. All that means is just cycling the rocks for a few weeks.

Back