Got a stupid question for you guys.

Droskie20

where's nemo?
I am a week into my cycle, but I can't help to notice that there are smudges on the inside part of the tank, (from before water was added)

Can I stick a new clean rag or new sponge in to whip the glass??

Do you have a glass scraper or Magnet scraper/cleaner? Try and use something that is made for the tank, and hasn't been touched by any soaps.

Ps. Be sure you use a glass scraper on glass, and acrylic on the acrylic, a glass scraper on acrylic will scratch the tank.

Or you could use a credit card or something similar to use as a scraper. I even use a razor blade sometimes (only on glass tank).

Try looking up "mag float" on ebay and getting one of those. I have one that is fabric/velcro and I never have to put my hands/arms into the water and you just move it around the glass. It's great. Gets rid of smudges and, trust me, you'll want it soon for algae!

For the hard to get stuff on the inside I use a scratch pad, but ONLY use ones that have never seen a chemical. I only trust the ones sold at the pet store sadly because you can't really trust any of the others that weren't sold for aquarium use =/

Back