Good for 150?

Tanner

Tanerious Swimeroundus
K after pricing stuff out from my LFS a 150 gallon tank with built in overflow plus lights, return pump, sump ,protein skimmer, sand, salt, so many pounds of live rock and a customized stand and canopy would come out to around 2700.

You guys think thats an ok price?

+1 James
Make sure the lights are reef lights,and the skimmer is a good one.Those 2 right there are,IMO,just as important as the tank.

I will have to check tomorow what kind of lights they are. I know they are for sure reef lights cause thats all this LFS is about, they actually have three sections in there store for FO, FOWLR, and reef tanks which I thought was kinda cool.

I also forget the skimmers brand name. I have it written down somewhere. Its one of those that is built into the sump.

could it be CPR or ASM those are the only ones that use three letters that I can think of off the top of my head.

+1 all above; I doubt they're really gonna try to sneak in some crappy lights with that set-up. The LFS knows you've been researching this and have come back a few times, obviously checking up on them, so they're gonna want to give a good kit that you're gonna be happy with and want to come back to the store. Especially when you compare this BRAND NEW set-up compared to that other used one you were looking at for $2500, I'd go with this one in a heart beat.

Awesome thanks for all the help guys. I cant wait, I'm going this weekend (as 22-23) to pick up my tank and equipment. And yeah the LFS ,manager ( been doin salt since like 1985 haha) has joked about me knowing more then there new employees

Awesome thanks for all the help guys. I cant wait, I'm going this weekend (as 22-23) to pick up my tank and equipment. And yeah the LFS ,manager ( been doin salt since like 1985 haha) has joked about me knowing more then there new employees

Better be careful,they'll be putting you to work,then you WILL be broke:D

Back