gluing frags

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
anyone have any good methods of doing this? i read some people use superglue but isnt that toxic in the water?? Oh and and they dont have plugs.

as for softies i sew them on to a peice of rock than when they are attatched i cut the fishing line and pull it out of them.

Im actually going to recommend that you epoxy all stony corals SPS and LPS, its pretty easy to knock an SPS coral off the rocks until they encrust which can take a few months. Just another tip, when you are mounting anything with epoxy use a small dab of super glue gel to hold it in place until the epoxy drys.

. Just another tip, when you are mounting anything with epoxy use a small dab of super glue gel to hold it in place until the epoxy drys.

OMG, that's what I'm doing wrong! I spent an hour earlier trying to get my new corals to stay on the rock long enough for the epoxy to set. Do you put the superglue so it attaches to the epoxy? or to the rock?

Usually I find that the epoxy adheres to the rock, then I push the frag or the plug the frag is on into place, then remove it quickly and put some superglue on it and then put it back into place. So for me it goes between the frag/plug and the epoxy.

be carefull with that epoxy i have to turn my skimmer off for two weeks because of it as soon as it hits the water the skimmer fills up with bubbles and water and it will not work right again for almost two weeks.

I like the netting from oranges the best, with a rubberband. This puts less stress on the softies like mushroom corals.

Back