Ghost crab update

youtoo54

Reefing newb
"Feather" (my 6yo daughters named it) no calls home to his brand new 55 gallon tank. He has almost 8 inches of sand bed to dig and make tunnels in. We have also place a couple of small things to hold water in. 1 of them is about an inch deep and the other is a little less. We have placed some fruit pieces and some shrimp and fish pieces in there to see what it likes the best. This is the best we have come up with any ideas? (Marines_wife no need).....

"Feather" (my 6yo daughters named it) no calls home to his brand new 55 gallon tank. He has almost 8 inches of sand bed to dig and make tunnels in. We have also place a couple of small things to hold water in. 1 of them is about an inch deep and the other is a little less. We have placed some fruit pieces and some shrimp and fish pieces in there to see what it likes the best. This is the best we have come up with any ideas? (Marines_wife no need).....
How else would I get epic signatures. Dont carry a burning torch dude lighten up.

hilarious. ghost crabs would probably enjoy pieces of clam, maybe pieces of silversides, but the way I see them eat on the beach is by sifting microscopic stuff from the sand which isn't going to be present in your set up. Maybe some small pieces of algae too. Good luck. I'm curious to see if he lasts.

I guess I should feel a little honored that I am in the same sig as Marlin! lol

Seriously, its not a big deal its just a pet peeve of mine. Im sure you have pet peeves to that grate on your nerves. For instance I know that my pet peeve about your ghost crab bugs the $hit out of you :mrgreen:

I did the same thing that you did in my first few posts here....if you dont believe me check out the "Reefer stuck in the 90's" thread.....but its not worth the fight ALL of the time.

If he dies...... my daughter will be crushed. There is no telling what it will cost me to get her past this lol!!!
Tell her ghost crabs vanish to see other ones. Like Casper.
Or get her a hermit crab since you already spent the money on a nice setup? I believe kids should have pets to love.

Back