FOWLR good lights needed?

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
I may have a chance to pick up another 46g bow and I was thinking I could use it to hold a snowflake eel or a lionfish or pretty much make it a predator tank. My question is that I know my lighting unit for my reef tank cost me like 300+, but would I need special lighting other than the florescent light that came with the bowfront for a predator tank if I don't plan to have corals?

woot! I pm'd a guy about a 46g AGA bowfront, pine stand, glass top, and standard florecent light unit for 100 bucks. Is this a worthwhile deal? I am waiting for a response and some pictures.

just cuz I own one doesn't mean I got it at a good deal. I got my tank before even knowing that TFP or Live Aquaria existed.

stands alone for that tank would cost at least $200 and maybe $100 for the canopy at stores. So yeah thats a hell of a deal. I buy tanks and stands like that whenever I see a deal like that. I just keep them in storage. You never know when you will use it or need it as an emergency.

I have tanks stored inside of tanks, stored inside of tanks, and I would still buy more tanks if I could get them at a good price. Infation effects the value and selling price of tanks too. Plus the old tanks are made better than the new tanks. I have three Odell 55 gallon tanks that I bought over 30 years ago and they arestill running on the origianl silicone. The front, back and bottom glass is 5/8" thick and the side glass is 1/2" thick. Compare that to today's tanks. sadly they are too scratched up for display tanks, but they are good frag tanks.

Back