Fluval G

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Anyone see the new fluval g?
I'm interested in seeing how it will influence how we filter our tanks. Right now I only have a skimmer and live rock, but I'm a little curious if this would be superior or at least significantly improve the filtration of the tank. It seems like the G is really easy to maintain (thus preventing it from being a nitrate trap)...
Any thoughts?
Can a canister actually be better than (i.e. a replacement for) skimming? I know that's borderline blasphemy, but just thinking...

Why? The main reason is it physically removes the waste materials from the tank, so that they cannot be re-released back into the water. The gunk gets trapped in the collection cup, and is permanently removed from the system.

With filters, filter media traps the waste materials, but you still have water constantly moving through that media, washing some of those waste materials back out into the water. And some media will start releasing the waste itself after some time.

Well I have seen it and it looks pretty cool, parrotchute. Not as a Skimmer replacement, but an additional filter system. I'm waiting on the reviews to come in to see what real users have to say about it. My first thought is it's too expensive at $500 unless it does something really spectacular.

Back