Flow in my seahorse tank

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
I wanted to ask everyone's opinion. My seahorses dont seem to move around a lot at all perhaps this is normal.

My male tries to go for adventures but then he gets blown into the wall and he just seems to give up.

I had my koralia 425 in there and they held on for dear life to their hitches so I went down to a topfin 90gph which is really not much of nothing but when I turn it off they seem to move around more.

Am I asking for trouble by having nothing other than the skimmer and my HOB filter flowing in there? I really just want to turn it off but not sure if I have enough flow otherwise.

Thoughts/Advice?

I would try putting it down very low and aim it upwards that way they arent really being pushed across the tank. Or put it right against a rock, so the outcoming flow instantly hits the rock and is dispersed as more gentle flow.

I wouldnt under cut the flow too much, they can get algae that will grow on their hard scales so you need enough flow to prevent that.

Yeah I prefer more flow myself I have 3 PHs in my reef and they love it but I feel like the ponies dont like it at all.

I mean 90gph is pretty freakin weak already and I am worried about it

I wouldnt worry about it, i would put both of those powerheads in there, and get one strong one to put up at the surface so you get good gas exchange.

Back