fish limit

poolshark181

Reefing newb
heres my specs, trying to figure out my tank limit.

28g
roughly 50-60 pounds of live rock
aquac remora skimmer

whats the max amount of fish i can hold. i usually only go for smaller fish, currently i have 2 clowns, a sixline, a starry blenny, and a firefish. im planning on a neon goby soon. have i reached my limit?

also, will a sixline get along with a yellow coris?

Adding the neon goby will pretty much max that size tank.
Sorry,I don't have any experience with Sixline and Coris wrasse together.Everything I've read says no unless its a large system.

here are my :twocents: about tank limits. it depends on several factors: maturity of the system, actual number of fish and potential hiding places, kinds of fish and need for open swimming room, tankmates, filtration including amount of live rock.

there is a huge bioload difference between 6, 1 inch fish and 1, 6 inch fish; even though both are 6 inches of fish. if you have smaller fish, you can have a better chance of pushing the 5:1 rule. the general rule is 5 gallons of water for 1 inch of fish. so a 28 gallon tank will be safe with 5-6 inches of fish. that being said, if you have 2 lbs of live rock per gallon, good mechanical and chemical filtration including a protein skimmer and lots of hiding places that are not taken by other fish, you can push it to 7-8 inches of fish, especialy when your tank has been up and running for a year or so.

for now, stick with 5-6, but plan on being able to add one more small fish after your tank matures.

-Doc

Back