Filter!!!!!!!!!

kennedy98

Reefing newb
hi my filter for my 55 gallon saltwater tank kinda broke the primeing system broke so there are tons of little bubbles comming out but i need to change the filter so when i get a new one how would i change the filter if one has all the bacteria adn the otherone doesnt would it mess up the water chemistry please help me :bowdown::bowdown:

It shouldn't mess with the system at all. You have enough bacteria on your rocks and sand to keep the tank stable. When you change filters, you could also place the old pads or media in the new filter to help put bacteria on the new one. What type of filter do you have anyway? Since you're gonna replace filters, might as well just get a good protein skimmer instead.

i understood that u no

I can't understand what the heck you're typing. Welcome to Living Reefs - but try and use at least a little punctuation and a few capital letters at the beginning of a sentence. I'm an old bastard and I can't understand much of what you typed in your opening post without having to read it 4 times. :mrgreen:

Back