Film at the top of my tank?

Coralreefer23

I AM a Reefer@
I have a 29 nano I have set up with only a few pounds live rock, more soon, and sand. The rest will come as soon as my tank is ready. I'm woundering I'm on my fourth day and not sure if I need a protein skimmer or just a polishing filter? The water is pretty clear just want to make it so this film stays away.

just on the top of your water? have you got any filter running?

i had a dirty film on top of my water until in introduced my protein skimmer which took out all the nasty stuff on top and in the water.

Do you also have some powerheads creating ripples of water on the surface? That will help break up the film and also increase the oxygenation of the water.

We have all had a filmy substance on the water surface at one point or another. Use floss and carbon. Make sure there is surface agiation to sitr it up and to better oxygenate the water. Yes, protein skimmers will help.

I have a vortech m10 single power head and not sure which sumergable pump I'm running I'll have to check on that. The filter I'm running the standard nano cube filters, square blocks like the look a like blocks you'd throw at the tv cause your team threw an interception. Any help on if these are holding to much or is there better filters to make this a reef safer?

Back