feeding live food

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
i have decided to feed my predator tank live food
I think it will be healthier, as well as more natural for the fish to ambush live food
i fed them live ghost shrimp today and it was awesome to watch them do what they do naturally
Ghost shrimp is what i have available to me now

how often should i feed???

Any other suggestions for food?

1 stars and stripes puffer
2 dwarf fuzzy lions
1 sea goblin

There is a site to ales all kinds of live foods.Everything from shrimp and rotifers to silversides.Just cant remember the name of it.

ghost shrimp are freshwater, but will survive for a few days in salt water, you could feed your fish those maybe twice a week, but still feed them the frozen food also

thanks smitty
i ended up figuring that out
i guess the ones i need are white shrimp

i would really like to switch to all live food
i found a site that sells live white shrimp
foster and smith sell them also

really having trouble finding live food on the web

one option you could do, is set up a 10gal tank(freshwater), and raise/breed your own ghost shrimp..i did it for a while when i kept a lionfish...

Imo, i would not raise the tank on just live food, you could mix it in though with a variety of frozen food...the reason is if it get to a point that you can't give them live food, they will not starve to death...if you give them just live food, they will get to a point they will not eat nothing else, also there is no nutritional value in the live food, you could feed the shrimp vitamins like Dustin said, but its still not enough to keep a captive kept fish healthy for years...just my two cents:twocents:.

that all makes sense smitty

so in the cse of my sea goblin, whom will eat live food only what do i do to keep him healthy

my lions and puffer were eating frozen exclusively
i bought a dozen ghost shrimp last night and put them in the tank
10 of them never made it to the bottom
it was awesome to watch

i know my goblin got a few as i watched him closely to make sure he did

Just give him time, and ween him off of just live food, and when he begins to eat frozen food as well, then you could primarily feed the tank live food if you wish...that way he'll be used to them both.

Back