equipments here!

lilduud

Reefing newb
so my reef octopus skimmer, my return pump, and the "liberators" for my power terminal have all arrived today :D the skimmer is so beautiful... now the only things i need to set up my tank are a surge protector and glass baffles. oh and the lights of course but those are on order to my lfs and arent an absolute necessity to setting it up. SOOOOO STOKED... but dam the space is tight under the 55... the 10 gallon tank has to be smacked into place and im figuring out how to stuff my fuge AND all the plumbing in there... looks like there might be 4x5 inches of storage space.... hooray -_-

Sounds great, I'm actually excited for you! I currently have an empty 55 sitting in my living room that I'm trying to get everything together to set up. I plan on cramming 2 10G under it. Let me kno how things go and maybe even a pic or two.

im using a 10 gallon for the skimmer and return and then im going to have a 5-10 gallon rubber maid separate as a fuge that will overflow into the return. im gettingthe baffles and rubber made today :D everything is tight but ill get pics when its actually all glued in place...

also just got off the phone with the lfs and the lights will be here tomorrow :D
here it is... soooo beautiful. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/AquaticLife-T5-Aquarium-Lighting-System/dp/B00345VY0I]Amazon.com: AquaticLife T5 HO Aquarium Lighting System - 6 T5 HO - 4 Lunar - 48 in.: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

heres the very beginning

d99a3b05.jpg

51d00ed3.jpg

254be534.jpg

how are you going to set it up so that the rubbermaid drains into the return/skimmer section

im going to buy a rubber maidthatis tallre than thesump tankand illdrill a bulkheadintoonesideto have a drain going into the return... illshow thepics when its upand runnig itll makemoresense

Good deal. If everything works out I can just buy exactly what you have and no worries! I have the exact same stand also, stinks can't fit a 20 long in there so that's why I'm going with the two tank sump.

haha did it come with an aqualifter pump? you fill your tank to where oyu want it then level the overflow [with all water flow off for calm even waterline] with the water line but on the edgy of starting to overflow... then attach a piece of airline tubing to the in [suction] nozzle and the other end to the little nozzle on top of the overflow box that sticks out, and thennnn you take another airline tube and attach it to the output of the aqualifter and just dangle the end into the back of the overflow... turn on your aqualifter... turn on your return pump in the sump... when the water level rises and overflows into the cpr unit, the aqualifter creates a siphon by evacuating the air in the chamber and replacing it with water,,, it also pumps water safely so you simply leave it running in case of a power outage... then wen the aqualifter is restored,,, the siphon will be as well.

oh also my intuition is that it is useful to fill the sump to just under its maximum capacity especially in such a small broken up sump like mine... that way you can account for plumbing and such but prevent a spill or actual OVERFLOW if the power is turned off... assuming you have proper check valves on your returns and such :)

PLEASE SOMEBODY EDIT THIS BECAUSE IM DEEFFFINITELY NOT AN EXPERT ON PLUMBING AND SUCH...

haha, no mine didnt come with an aqualifter, i bought the box on ebay for 50 bucks shipped, brand new, still wrapped in the factory plastic even! but I guess I will have to find an aqualifter to get for it.

If you don't mind what return pump are you running? Im thinking about getting the 800 GPH CPR overflow and I'm not sure which pump to go with

Why is it that you went with the 600?, maybe I should just stick with what you have. I'm really excited to see how yours works out.

Back