Custom Aquariums

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
Can anyone recommend some not expensive custom tank makers

Glasscages.com seems to be good price for a 50 gallon tall if I make my own sump which you all say is easy.

Can someone go to their glass tanks and look at the options for the 50 gallon tall and tell me what I need?

Good choice?

And can I find the two bulkheads for under $15 each somewhere else?

Thanks!

Why a custom tank? Keep in mind, it'll be hard to find lights for a custom tank, unless you make it the same width and length as a standard tank... Also, you will need more powerful lights for a tall tank, as most don't penetrate very well at larger depths.

Glasscages.com is the only one I know of off hand.

Seems like a good price for a 50 gallon tall (it's the $70 one, right?) and if it's 36" long then you shouldn't have a problem finding lights for it.

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR LR SECRET SANTA 2007! PM S13REDLINE NOW! DO IT! OR ELSE! OR ELSE WHAT? YOU SAY. YOU DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT, THAT'S WHAT.

ok...just any reef-ready tanks are what I am looking for in the 40-50 range that are 36" long or less

yes it's the $70 one

any other places you know of?

They're gonna charge you more to drill it. It doesn't come reef ready. Even with the extra cost of drilling, I still think it's a really good price.

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR LR SECRET SANTA 2007! PM S13REDLINE NOW! DO IT! OR ELSE! OR ELSE WHAT? YOU SAY. YOU DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT, THAT'S WHAT.

Go for it. If cash isn't a problem, get the starphire glass too. That stuff is sweet!

ok,

so I can make my own sump the right?
Are the bulkheads a good price?
Get the cover for the overflow?
what lights would u recommend and what do they run?

Thanks!

Your questions are too broad. Have you checked out the "Helpful Articles" section at the top of the page? Read through a couple of them to get a good background, then we can help you better.

I remember telling you everything you would need to start up an aquarium from scratch in another thread. Why don't you go back to your other thread and re-read it. Because maybe you didn't read it the first time. My answer here will be the same as what I told you before.

ok

Questions

Can I easily make my own sump?
What additional things will I need besides the reef-ready tank and sump, heater, thermometer, lights, and protein skimmer?
Are two 1" heavy duty bulkheads for $30 a good price? that's what glass cages sells
Should I get the cover for the overflow?
What lights would u recommend so that I can keep anything

Aquatinics
Tek
Halides?

:frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

You can easily make your own sump out of an existing aquarium, plexiglass and silicone.

You will need a return pump to get the water back to your tank, and PVC for plumbing it.

Not sure about the price of bulkheads, I got mine free from my LFS.

You don't need the cover for the overflow. You can use plastic garden wire from the hardware store to block off the spaces to animals.

You would probably want to go with T5s for lights.

:frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

The easiest way to figure out what you need is to draw it out on a piece of paper...

Use the DIY section. There are lots of pics of generic systems, as well as plans for DIY sumps, fuges, and sump/fuge combos.. I got most of my ideas there...

Also search threads for some of the questions you are asking... use the advanced options.. Works every time..

Back