cpr or knock off

bobby

I like to do bad things.
my question is dose the cpr skimmer/refugium combos work good and dose the knockoffs work just as good as the cpr

When you are considering refugiums, just remember what you are trying to do and select the style and desighn that will give you the best environment to do what you want to do. a large tub can be used for a refuge all the way up to very complicated diy or premanufactured items, so if you intend to buy premade, search for quality, support, and functionality. hope this helps.

well i was going to put one under the tank but i dont have much room i have it angled so i could fit one in back but was worried that the evap would be too much for the small tub that would fit and that the pump would run dry alot my tanks evap is about one gal a day and thought if i used one that i could hang on the back it would be easier wouldnt have to worry about evap or matching water flow and thoght if the skimmer worked good then it would be a good adition what are your thoughts on that

Bobby I agree with your reasoning. I always advocate quality and functionality, but, sometimes cost plays a role too. I think you are on the right track but only you will be able to decide if one piece of equipment is better suited for your needs. CPR should be quality, Im not familiar witht he other. the more room you can get in your refuge the better. hope this helps.

my tank is 36 in long and whanted to buy the 24in to replace my current hob filter and my junky seaclone 100 the main thing i was intrested in was the skimmer if the skimmer isnt very good ill just buy or make a hob refugium and try and talk the wife into the aqua c remora ive heard soo much about shes a tuff cookie though lol

I would suggest that your money is better spent on a good skimmer, I not so sure the skimmer in the refuge will be adeqate. just my thought. I like CPR stuff but go for the skimmer over the Refuge you will be much happier in the long run. use the refuge just as a nice add on to help the system along.

77_12_s.JPGhttp:

got this hang on fuge from ebay store called usa refugium 30" long 4" deep 12" tall for like 50 bucks came in pieces but he will send everything to put it together including acrylic cement and instruction. they make em 12" long and 18" long. Since i added mine i put 4" sandbed in it with chaeto and red mangroves water quality has been good and i got so many amphipods and isopods, copepods that at night it looks like an infestations of bug in tank that free food there six line wrasse been real happy. It is the cheaper way to go considering the price of hang on refugiums. It doesn't come with light but i put pc light from walmart on it 6500k. water on mine flows up from a maxi jet 1200 and just pours out other end so pods don't get chopped up from return pump like in a sump.

Back