Corals without light

Greenman

Reefing newb
How long can my corals go without light? I have frogspawn, kenya tree and some mushrooms and an anemone. My t5HO fixture just died on me and I have a replacement being sent to me. How long can they go without light. I have a few t8 fixtures i can put on there for some light but def. isnt anything compaired to that t5.

I did a 3 day blackout a few years ago to fight off an algae and my corals as well as my anemone did fine. I have read about others that have went 7 days with no casualties ( I would be a little more nervous for that long). Good luck!

yeah thanks, Sitting at work and my Fiancee called me, "Your light went pop and there is smoke coming off the top of it" ... And I had just bought 4 ATI bulbs for it lol

I got home and someone just knocked the pegs on my timer and the light was fine... Apparently the smoke was her stupid air freshener appetizing into the air lol...

It may be wise to move the air freshener away from the tank unless you have a lid. I'm assuming it is one of those plug in fresheners. But, regardless you shouldn't be using aerosols in the same room as your tank.

Back