Coloured Rock

Tango

Reefing newb
Ok, I bet this is a dumb question, but I need to know.

I look at some peoples tanks and their rock looks dyed with blues, greens, purples, yellows and such. Looks really cool.

How did they do that?

I think purple is a Coreline Algae but what about the other colours like blue, yellows, greens orange on the rock. How do people achieve this

It also looks like little spills of paint on the rock, looks cool!

Thanks little_fish

I found a picture of what I was talking about to give you guys a better idea. I love all the colour on the rocks. How did this person accomplish this?

index.php

i myself have green corraline that my urchin is eating up but growing just as fast :D

the color from what ive heard depends on calcium , flow. lights and some other factors

dsc09861t.jpg

This image is a little smaller then the original but there is a splash of different colours on the bottom center rock and other rocks around as well

The colour of the algae depends a lot one where the rock comes from as I understand it. Fiji tends to be maroon and green, Vanuatu is purple and orange, Others I have noted are yellow and pink on aqua-cultured rock. I'm not sure if this really holds true, but I have rock from all over in mine and I'll let you know when it shows more colour. Right now it has several very small spots of maroon on my Fiji rock and a light green on my Pacific shelf rock. Vanuatu is due in tomorrow.

The colour of the algae depends a lot one where the rock comes from as I understand it. Fiji tends to be maroon and green, Vanuatu is purple and orange, Others I have noted are yellow and pink on aqua-cultured rock. I'm not sure if this really holds true, but I have rock from all over in mine and I'll let you know when it shows more colour. Right now it has several very small spots of maroon on my Fiji rock and a light green on my Pacific shelf rock. Vanuatu is due in tomorrow.

wow really , now THAT i didnt know lol that the location of the rock had something to do with it lol no wonder all my rock is green its fiji lol

Back