cocoworm question

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So two of my cocoworms have been in alot lately. Now i see it out but its tiny it looks like its a baby. The other one is the same. Why is this??

O Wow they do that ???? now both looks really small. they only have 2 sets of feeders and there tiny. is this a good thing or bad ??

They eject the feathers as a defense. Should grow back with no problem, if what ever spooked them leaves them alone..

well i have 2 other ones, that are fine and still big. so i dont think anything is bother ring them. Iv seen a couple hermits on them a couple times but not that often.

well i have 2 other ones, that are fine and still big. so i dont think anything is bother ring them. Iv seen a couple hermits on them a couple times but not that often.

Hermits will do that to feather dusters. The duster does all the work of collecting the food and the hermit tries to steal the food like its some free seafood buffet.
Sometimes the hermits get so rough that the feather duster reacts defensively and drops the radioles (feeder appendages).
This is ok every now and then, but if it happens frequently enough the worm might starve trying to produce new radioles repeatedly.

oh ok i hope they will be fine, one is already growing its long and fast. so i hope there good. I just can wait till i get my taxes. Going to switch over to LEDS hopefully i see way better growth since no im only using PC lights.

Back