cocoa worm

fishbait

I found Nemo
i have been pondering my latest hitchhiker. i have it narrowed down to some type of hard tubed coco worm. which i have discovered are kinda rare and expensive. also hard to keep. i must have a lot of nutrients in my water if these are poping out. yeah!, finally a perk to having crappy water. it's hard to get my point and shoot digatal camera to focos on small stuff in my tank, but here is a pic. i wanted to see if anyone else has seen this kind of worm. if you stare just right you can make out the white tube, and the red fuzzy crown.

010_968627.JPG

why? what have you heard rigo?
try a fuzzy picture focusing trick that i learned. close one eye, hold two fingers up (to the eye thats open for those who are slow to catch on) like you are going to squish an ant. and slowly adust the gap in between your'e fingers until it focus in. believe it or not, it works.

If your talking about all the white worms all over the rock then I have those all over my tank walls and rock. I didn't get them till I got my last batch of live rock then they spread all over my newly set up 55.

i got tons of those things in my tank.i got them all for free i have feather dusters that are red, a big green and red one,and hawiansand they came on my liverock

ill post pics later

Its hard to tell.If your talking about the white dots....looks like Spirobid(sp?) worms.

yeah, i allready knew about the spirobid worms. i'm talking about the ones that are a hard white tube. they are on the small piece of rubble rock thats laying on the larger piece of lace rock. there are two of them.

Okay,I think I see it.....blurry but does it have a red crown?If yes,I have them also.Mine looks more like a feather duster worm since its crown isn't ''Christmas tree like'' a coco worm.

yes, the crown is red. i read somewhere that one type of juvenile coco worm doesn't have the "cristmas tree" type of crown. but it's more like two feather dusters poking out of one tube when or if it matures. has any of yours done that yet reef? or do they all still have one crown? i will try to find the website where i read that.

I have two things in the tank with a hard tube.One has 2 tentrals that is actually a snail that doesn't move.The second doesn't have a tree like crown,more like feathers,just like a feather duster worm.You might have a coco worm.They are hard to keep alive long term.

Back