Cleaner Crew?

I would do the snails and if you want to do hermits, I'd stick to the small blue leg ones.
I would highly recommend getting your cleanup crew from www.reefcleaners.org. John his awesome, his prices and customer service can't be beat, and he's one of our sponsors.
I'd also grab a brittle/serpent star for detritus cleanup.

Be careful if you get a diamond goby, they can be jumpers. I have been lucky so far. Also you will have a hurricane for about a week with the goby, but after that your sand will be spotless. Plus they have a personality, mine has turned into my favorite fish.

+1 on reefcleaners.org

I fought that brittle stars can eat small fish. I will be getting a solid glass lid so I don't think I'll have trouble with jumpers. And do you recommend getting as many inverts as in the liveaquaria package?

Last edited:
The green brittle stars will eat small fish, so just stay away from them. Also, you dont want a solid glass lid, it will prevent good gas exchange. Just make one out of netting or light crating.

And seriously, call up john at reefcleaners.org he will get you set up with exactly what you need.

So I can't get enough air from the sump? Why should I call the guy? Can't I just order it online?

Edit: They don't sell turbo snails on reef cleaners.org?

Other Edit: What about the custom clean up crew?

Last edited:
You are ordering online if you order from john, he runs reefcleaners.org. Im saying talk to him because he will set you up a custom cleanup crew for your specific tank. If you want turbo's im sure he will include them. Or get one of his packages, they are all great

Personally, i have grown to very annoyed with turbos because they are so big they knock everything over, my favorites are the astrenia (sp?)

Astraea snails.

You can order directly from reefcleaners.org. I have ordered from them online. There's no need to call them on the phone if you don't want to -- their website is plenty convenient to use.

Back