Clam Under T5's?

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
4.8w per gallon with my T5 lights. 24" deep tank with a DSB--so really only about 18" of water depth.

Can I do it?

I did it. Took about 2 weeks for my clam to get used to everything fully. First couple of days it was open, then stayed mostly closed for a week, then open and closed, now seems to have gotten used to it all.

LFS has some little ones (about 2" long) for $15. I don't know what kind they are though. I think they are crocea. I'm told they will max out about 3" or maybe 4" in my tank.

I've been wanting to get more light. I was thinking of a clamp-on MH light. Even 70w or 100w would be a huge boost to my lighting with such a small tank. Just 70w would put me up to about 7 watts per gallon. Combination of T5 and MH lights.

With a lighting boost like that, I have no doubt a clam would thrive quite well.

All it takes, is money. :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

Seriously,I believe you will be fine with what you have.If they are not attached to a rock,place them on small rock on the sandbed,let them attach to the rock then move them up halfway up.

Reef hit it on the head. croceas don't need as much light as say, maximas do anyway. GO FOR IT

Back