Canopy ?'s

1. Hey all its me again!! Once again i got some ?'s that need clarity, im in the process of building my canopy and was just wondering if i need to paint/seal/urethane the inside of the canopy?

2. Will a 300gph return be ok for a 29g w/ a 10g fuge, the overflow will be able to handle 600gph, or should i go with a stronger return pump?

I will post some pics as soon i get her up and cycling(hopefully in a couple weeks)...But i have my tank, stand, fuge, lighting, skimmer, no hurry patience is a virtue!!!

I would at least seal the inside of the canopy.Probably would paint it white on the inside to.

DOnt see why 300gph through the sump wouldnt work.

1. Yes I would paint it white. You can seal it too.

2. 300 gph sounds fine to me too. You don't need a lot of flow through the sump. But you do want to try to have a turn over rate of 10 to 15 times per hour, so they claim. I'm a fan of the closed loop myself, but for your sized tank I would say 300 gph is fine. Just use a few power heads to move the water around in the main display and you'll be fine.

If you think the fall colors was good over the weekend,you should have seen before the rain moved in Friday night.

If I'd known you was going to be in Chattanooga,I could have pointed you to a couple of decent LFS's.

Happy birth day BTW.

Back