Bristleworm?

Bifferwine said:
Only the little ones. I have a sixline and I still see tons of bristleworms.

could they be reproducing in the refuge and the eggs or whatever returning to the main tank?
Shoot send some to Andy.

I think I might have solved part of the problem. My LFS dude said he has used a Dottyback Royal Gramma for controlling the bristle worm population and it has worked great. I will be picking him up tomarow. Haha, you guys probly think I am crazy. But imagine the "thing" that totally freeks you being flying in an airplane to swimming with sharks, long worms/snakes is that "thing" that freeks me out. Yeah I know I probly will never be bristle worm free, but having this fish will give me peice of mind. Haha.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Last edited:
I also wouldn't say that the sixline isn't worth it. It's a very colorful fish that will really be visible in your tank. It's amazing to watch them work their way through the rock work slowly and then BAM they just propel themselves across the tank.

The six line will also eat the boring snails that attack clams. they are very small and if you have any clams you will want a six line in the tank.

bristleworms are great cleaners i got big ones in my tank i would gladly give some to any one locally people do buy them from places like inland aquatics.com even others like spaghetti worms got lots of those also. Just when you have a fish die on you and you can't get to them from all live rock in the way why risk moving them and messing up setup bristle worms and serpent stars and brittlestars take care of them by morning, no decay or nitrate build up.

they are a great addition to the aquarium even when you dont want them to be I had a fish die in my 125 either way it went he was in there for the cycle 2 days later and there is nothing left of the fish :shock:

Back