Brain storming aggresive fish only tank

Kwater

Chill
I am about to get a 90 gallon aquarium. I allready have my reef tank but i have allways wanted a fish only tank as well. This is what i was thinking, pleaz tell me what u guys think, a trigger fish either picasso or a clown trigger not shore yet, a snowflake moray eel, lion fish, a couple butter fly fish, probably a paitlr but also not shore yet, and probably like 3 other aggresive fish as well just dont know yet. How does this selection sound so far, do these all work together????

IMO,not in a 90 gallon.A humu(picasso) may work for a bit,they grow pretty slow.A clown grows pretty fast.I currently have both together in a 125,both are still under 3 inches.Butterflies are far from aggressive fish.An angel on the other hand will be able to hang with the triggs.As for the lion and trigg mix,it never ends well for the lion.The triggers will nip its fins away.I have no expierience with eels.I had my humu in a75 for awhile(same footprint as a 90 ,i think),but knew i was upgrading soon(will probably again..currently in my 125 i have a clown trigger,a humu humu a koran angel,a 6 line a flamehawk and 2 occelaris clowns
i just think a 90 is too small in the long run for almost any trigger or eel.

Last edited:
The ability of aggressive fish to live together is improved greatly by how many hiding places you have in the rock. I propped much of my rock up on hidden PVC pipe and it created a lot of hiding spaces.

This is true,for fish that stay small,like a 6 line,royal gramma or flame hawk or a maroon clown.From what he has listed, all will reach 11+ inches,not too many places to hide in a 90 gallon tank for that size fish.As it is ,i know i will have to upgraded sooner or later also(and look forward to it:D).

Really, :(. Just wondering though i have like seen clown triggers and stuff in like 60 gallon and 80 gallon tanks and they looked happy and healthy, not challenging u or anything just saying. Well i am deffnetialy going to be getting a trigger fish, thats the whole reason i really want a fish only tank. What one should i get, what is the name of the one with the blue lips that looks like a picasso trigger??? What puffer fish should i get too??? Thanx

I have a 6" takifugu puffer, a dwarf lion and a clarkii clown in the same tank. The dwarf lion and the puffer just don't care about anything thats big enough they don't consider it food.

I've seen some beautiful puffers but i'm not sure about their temper.

Back