Bored

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
My tank is about 5 months old, and I know better than to add a bunch coral and fish. But one thing, I am starting to get bored with my tank. I know this probably will pass once my tank matures and I get my T5's and than I can start to add coral.

I know this hobby is for me and I really enjoy it, but I was just wondering if you guys experienced these same feelings.

I cannot tell you how many times I would fill my time with planning my tank. I got that when I first started. It lasted about 3 months as I was waiting to be able to keep fish. i struggled to keep fish alive for the first 6 months. I killed so many fish during that time. I have never lost more than a coral or two, but fish were a different story. I made lists and lists of possible fish and coral combinations. I also researched pics online to get a visual of other tanks that looked cool to me. Being patient was the hardest part for me---hell, it still is. I have been there, but it will pass. Best of luck.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Keep your eye on the prize..... If your bored start daydreaming and saving for those T5's. I find corals more fun than fish myself. Hell I lost all most all my live stock and I'm in no hurry to stock it again. I enjoy watching the corals grow and divide.

it happens..take time..dont rush..once i rushed into corals having temp probs and poor ligthing.."just figure the mess"..somtimes we get bored of the aquascape..ive changed my rocks a couple of times..is been a while since i dont add nothing...now ligthing is good and temp..im making my homework for some cool corals..thats the addiction..always plannning for a bigger tank!!

Thanks for the comments.

I know once I get my T5's I will become a little more excited. I also think summer doesn't help, I am barely home and have a bunch of other hobbys that I enjoy. However, this doesn't meen my tank gets neglected, I do weekly water changes and take care of my fish. Right about when winters rolls around I will be getting my T5's and start to add some coral.

i feel ya salty, im constantly out doing my other hobbies in the summer. (mostly riding my motorcycle) and I share some of those feelings sometimes. Once winter comes and things are matured a little bit more and summer money spending slows down things will get more fun :cool:

also i have been having hair algae problems in one tank and slime algae problems in my other tank. it gets kinda discouraging sometimes, but as long as you know its for you things will come around

It is easy to get bored when your waiting:
Waiting on the tank to cycle.
waiting on the bacteria to catch up after a new add
Waiting on some free cash to spend on the tank
We all been there and done that.And its summer time,time when a lot of folks are enjoying there other hobbys.
Speaking of which,in 2 more months my OTHER expensive hobby will be in season.

Print up Pictures of our tanks and tape them to the glass .
you will get an idea of how and where you will want to place things .

It is easy to get bored when your waiting:
Waiting on the tank to cycle.
waiting on the bacteria to catch up after a new add
Waiting on some free cash to spend on the tank
We all been there and done that.And its summer time,time when a lot of folks are enjoying there other hobbys.
Speaking of which,in 2 more months my OTHER expensive hobby will be in season.
its not easy to get bored when your yote,..rifles, bows, laser pointers, telescopic aiming, granades,canoe, tent city, did i forget somting?? yote im moving there!!

its not easy to get bored when your yote,..rifles, bows, laser pointers, telescopic aiming, granades,canoe, tent city, did i forget somting?? yote im moving there!!

Come on Rigo.Im working on a north west some where archery bear hunt for some time this fall and your more than welcome to come along.

Back