Biocube questions?

I have a biocube in layaway 29g,my questions are would I need to do any upgrades to th e tank.what corals can I keep..2? I was told by one of my lfs that I can have small fish and when they get big take them back.and get more smaller fish.they had 3 small tang s in a biocube.would that work.
IMAG0125.jpg

There are plenty of BEAUTIFUL fish that will go in your tank. I have a 29gal and you dont have to spend a ton to have lovely fish. Some of the smaller sized fish are more beautiful than the bigger ones anyway. :/

The tang police will be here in time to tell you about those "3 tangs" questions.

I scrapped the black paint off the back of my tank (was not fun) and whenever i can find some im going to remove those stupid balls and but some cheto in there. Cause those bioballs are a pain cause they can cause nitrate problems.

There are alot of soties you can have, The lighting in the cubes are actually pretty nice when it comes to having corals. You do know its going to be about 2-3 months before you can start thinking about fish and corals though, right?

Right on!

So anyway, pretty much softies. There are a few specific ones of other types but I dont remember them. I pretty much stick with zoas and palys. Stuff like that.

I would put a pretty deep sand bed, thats one thing i wish i would have done when i first got the tank, but i didnt know anything about the depth. And expect a temp of about 80 most of the time. That hood keeps mine right about there all the time. My moon led's were shot when i got my tank, so i dont know how they look with them haha. Other wise i would get a stunner led strip. It really makes those corals and fish pop.

Really other than that the cubes are pretty nice. Best way to go really if you want to stay small.

Oh one last thing is they are acrillic. It says glass, but its not. So better watch out for scratching the "glass" with mag floats and stuff. There is a biocube brand magnetic scrubber that is just for curved glass and so far hasn't scratched anything with me, but whoever owned it before me did ALOT of damage with one.

the old biocubes were acrylic, new ones are glass. you can have softies, and maybe a few lps in that tank. you could keep 3 small fish in that tank. eissie basically covered everything else +1!

If it was , beings as it is on lay away, opt for the upgraded lighting. They have HQI, and I believe LED for these. That will give you all the light you need straight out of the box.

I know I ask alot of ? About the biocube , I it look like im not going to happy with it, it looks to small.my 30g look way bigger and I can add more coral.what do you think.help me choose.biocube or my old 30g..im only talking about the size.

I have Biocube 29 or BC29. The following link has more information than you will care to look at on setting up and modding a BC29.

The Biocube Resource Guide - Nano-Reef.com Forums

I think you will be amazed at what you can do with a Biocube.

Ditch the bioballs. I put my heater in chamber one, Broke off the tab between chambers 1 and 2 to improve flow. I scraped the paint off the back of chamber 2 filled it with cheato and put light outside the glass. On the lower grate of chamber 2 I have carbon with passive filtration. I have nothing under the lower grate in order to improve flow. On the upper grate I have a small piece of floss. Some people put rock in the back chambers. I think this is a bad idea. I used loc lines to create 2 spouts and I added a Koralia one and a 265gph pump for improved flow. The stock pump alone will not provide enough flow.

Once a month you should take an aquarium vacuum and suck all the detritus out of the back chambers. It will build up back there.

Back