Back of tank

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
My new tank is clear on the back. I would like to paint it but not sure what to paint it with.. Can I just spray paint it? Roll paint on it? Can I do something like this?
backgroundpaint.jpg

Will it jack with the little fishies brains?

he he
Not shure what it will do to the Fish'y lil minds

Yes you can spray it, KRYLON FUSION paint

Yes you can roll it acrylic enamel

Just make shure to seal off any openings so you don't get any paint inside

I just spray painted the back of my new tank black. I didn't use Krylon, just regular old generic 99 cents a can black spray paint.

I wouldnt paint your nanos tank back at all..... As for the 90 your looking at paint away. I sprayed mine deep blue and put a coat of black over it to stop any light penetration.

The nano already has a black back, all the filtration is built in. When I convert it to a QT, should I mod it to hold a skimmer or just keep it stock as is?

I think it would look cool with blue and black stripes.I use a flat black spray paint.I don't remember what kind but it was el cheapo.I chose flat cause it dries quicker,less likely to run and it looks glossy when viewed from the front anyways.

Piggy,some do and some don't.When I add fish often,I leave it up.When I'm through getting fish,I take it down.

I leave mine up and running. I must admit I neglect the hell out of it when its not in use. AKA turn off the timers for light, top off once every 2-3 weeks and only test the water and clean filters befor I buy a new fish. Other than that I just let the filter run

Back