auto top off q

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
So, I'm working on creating an auto-top off resevoir for my RODI unit in my back room.
I don't want the auto-top off to cut off the water where the auto-top off is triggered, but at the INPUT line of the rodi.

Is there a auto top off valve that can do this?
I was thinking of having the topoff valve on top of a garbage barrel, and the bottom if the plastic barrel, a faucet for getting the water out. Any tips on what parts to buy and how to make that faucet, too? (thinking it could be hard to cut a hole in the bottom of the garbage barrel w/out it leaking)

So, I'm working on creating an auto-top off resevoir for my RODI unit in my back room.
I don't want the auto-top off to cut off the water where the auto-top off is triggered, but at the INPUT line of the rodi.

I do not know of one. May be someone will know of a site that has things like that.

here is what i came up with

Attachments

• rodi.jpg
    rodi.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 296
Or you could get a solenoid valve that is triggered by and electronic float valve if it isnt possible to route the waterline that close to the tank.

hmmm, thanks for the ideas - with a traditional float valve (haven't seen one in person) - how does it pass through the valve? I figured there was an opening in the float itself so you couldn't continue the line going through it - is this true?

this is true. thats why you need the valve on the site i posted. it has a 3/8" threaded inlet and a 3/8" threaded outlet. on a regular float valve the water outlet just comes out of the valve body itself.

Back