any luck with lrg angels?

OhNoNemo

i love triggers
I currently have a FOWLR.I know i want a lrg angel.(Annularis or Koran)but it appears none are reef safe.Anyone have any luck in this sitiuation?Thanks

In a FOWLR tank,any of the large angles will be fine.
But for a reef,I think theres only one maybe two families of large angles that are safe in a reef.I cant remember the names right now,but one is the Lamarck angel.

I know Capts got a Lamarck Angel in his reef,and I have one on order.There supposed to be 100% safe.So if your wanting some soft corals,thats the route to take.Kinda like having the cake and eattin it too.

Just looked at the lamark,Hmmm. I don't know,they just don't seem to be as striking as some of the other angels,do they stay on the smaller side ?.Plus my LFS has a juvi koran for 35.00 .Thought that was a decent price.Its really more my wife,who wants corals....She says the LR looks drab.I don't have much coralline either.Thanks.

I have tried Scribble, Imperator, Koran, and several Dwarf Angelfish with no luck in my reef. They seem to go for the polyps (like zooanthads) first and have completely eaten them up. I love Angels, too, they are beautiful fish.

Bummer,Looks like i'll be coralless(probably not a word:D)I do love the koran and the blue.The koran i can get now ,so we will see.Thanks guys

Back