Answer to my AMMONIA SPIKES.....

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
i called around asking people from every aquarium place i know...... and no1 had the answer to my ammonia spikes i had a good bio load and 1 1/2 pounds of liverock to every gallon and i been up and running for 6 months....
the thing was the chemicals i used around my room and cleaning my tank with... my friend said never spray ur tank with windex or 409 or anywhere in your room because the fans from the lights, and the protein skimmer will suck in the fumes, and that will spike ur ammonia........ and amazingly my ammonia stopped spiking... who knew cleaning your glass can spike your ammonia so remember people only use ALL NATURAL PRODUCTS TO CLEAN AROUND UR TANK.... simple green, vinegar and water....... :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:!!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:put a lil umph in it!

I just spit on my tank and wipe the glass off with hand towels. :mrgreen:

Or, you can use fresh water. Put some RO water in a squirt bottle. It doesn't really take harsh chemicals to wipe down the glass on a fish tank. It's not like they get mud on them or greasy smudge marks. It's usually just salt water spillage or the occasional fingerprint. Spit or water and a cotton cloth will do the job. Leave the harsh chemicals for the bathroom sink and shower.

yea you cant spray it anywhere in your room even though u dont spray it on or around ur tank the fumes still get sucked in.... i stopped for a week and my ammonia is now at 0

Back