alveopora

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
Just got a softball + size of alveopora and wow I think this is one of my favorite corals. Says they are hard to keep alive and was wondering if anyone knew why they were difficult? Had to put it kind of behind the koralia 4, cause I heard they needed low flow. Do these have tentacles that can come out and sting other neighboring corals? Right now its touching up on some gsp so I was wondering. Will get pics up shortly once it opens up fully.

They aren't that hard to keep alive. I think they're pretty hardy, actually. Goniopora (flower pot corals), which look very similar, are the difficult ones to keep. Are you sure you got alveopora and not goniopora?

Alveopora don't have sweeper tentacles.

I paid $120 for three heads of alveopora about six months ago, and it was doing great in my tank, until my coral beauty decided he liked the taste of it :(

yeah it has 12 polyps so I assume its alveopora. Mine has 3 heads too, crazy how fragile it feels. Just got rid of my flame angel after seeing her trying to eat my digitata so I think im good to go.

Heres some crappy pics. Its not fully open yet but can get an ideal of how big its going to be.
347jkev.jpg

k51gxu.jpg

Alveopora are much easier than Goniopora.I really don't understand why.They don't have much of a sting so I would get it away from the GSP.Low flow,moderate light and ocassional feeding of cyclopeeze maybe beneficial.

Back