Algae problem

algy1943

Reefing newb
since installing Chaetomorpha in my refugium I seem to be getting a intense coating of green fog like algae on the glass, clean it off and it's back again, the chaeto is probably a coicidence, anyone any ideas?:frustrat:

have you done a full barrage of tests? ammonia, nitrates, nitrite, phosphates?

post your results, there is most likely a simple answer for this, and new cheato wont cause this problem, it needs a chance to eat and grow before it becomes useful, give it 2 weeks and do some more water changes.

That fog like algae on the glass is normal for any tank with reef lighting. At best you can slow its growth to a slow crawl with good water quality.

have you done a full barrage of tests? ammonia, nitrates, nitrite, phosphates?

post your results, there is most likely a simple answer for this, and new cheato wont cause this problem, it needs a chance to eat and grow before it becomes useful, give it 2 weeks and do some more water changes.

Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 40mg/l, Phosphate 2.5 mg/l, just cant seem to get the nitrates and the phosphates down, hopefully the chaeto will help

Allen

Nitrates and phosphate is part of the problem.If the dusty green builds up as fast as you wipe it then you have problems.If it takes three to four days then I say that is pretty normal for a tank without a UV.

Back