Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....help! Help!!!

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
my rusty angel fish has white spots on him!!! like lil tiny white bugs!

on his body an fins!!! wtHECK! is it

2 hours ago they werent there and they juss appeared all over him!!!!!!!

bugs? Like moving?If not it sounds like ich
Astatheros_longimanus_with_ich_DSC_9878.jpg

look like that?

yup looks like the dudes got ich. Tell you what I have a clown that had a case just like that the other day. I soaked some krill in garlic for about 15 min and dumped it in and the clown ate faster than he ever ate before by the end of the day the spots were gone. Not saying this will work for you but it worked for me. its been two days and nothing so maybe worth a try???? Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Garlic strengthens the immune system, and it's a good idea to soak food in garlic extract before feeding. It is also an appetite stimulant for fish that aren't eating.

yeah feed that fish till he stops eating. Ich takes over if the fish's immune system gives in or the fish stays stressed. I know that after eating a turkey dinner I am the nothing but unstressed.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS it looks like that pic just popped up out of nowhere within 2 hours....

i got it now i got this stuff called, kick-ich my LF friend gave it to me, and man he told me don't w0rry about it ich is very very common in tanks, when fish arent happy or strong they can catch it easier than a healthy fish this will get rid of it in less than 2 weeks the spots will be gone in a few days and continue using for 2 weeks...... and now all the spots r gone and my fish r looking alive i did a 50% water-change to improve water conditions before i started medicating and i added a bunch of crushed live rock in one of my chambers in the back so my ammonia was complete chopped down to 0 in 2 days flat it was up to .25 i shocked the system by adding 3 fishes and corals in 1 weekflat
my mandarin goby is eating and my tank is only 3 months old.
i want to show u guys my tank for 3 months i been really reading an gaining knowledge and i am pushing the limits to this stuff. with the help of my friend that owns the LF i get almost everything for free and he is teaching me alot. i will get pics and i will post them for comment, and every1 in this forum is really helpful THANKS EVERY1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup looks like the dudes got ich. Tell you what I have a clown that had a case just like that the other day. I soaked some krill in garlic for about 15 min and dumped it in and the clown ate faster than he ever ate before by the end of the day the spots were gone. Not saying this will work for you but it worked for me. its been two days and nothing so maybe worth a try???? Thats my 2 cents anyway.

unless your lucky my guess would be that it will come back. Thats the way the lifecycle of ich works. drops off, comes back a little worse. I recommend a water change as well. Most people will say to put the fish in QT and treat with copper, but if you dont have a tank you can treat with copper you can use hyposalinity to kill its breeding cycle. Iv had success with that. No inverts though! it will most likely kill em off.

Kick Ich will not have completely killed it, cgoodman is right. In fact, using the medication in your main tank was a bad idea. No medication for ich is completely reef safe, and you may have compromised any inverts in your tank and the bacteria on your live rock. That's why you should ALWAYS medicate in a quarantine tank, never in a display tank. Some medications will say they are reef safe, but it still seems that about 50% of people that use them have their inverts and corals die off.

Copper and hyposalinity are the only two methods that have been proven to kill ich. Try anything else and it will probably keep coming back until you find and eliminate the stressors in your tank.

Back